Be a Laura's
Smile Mile Sponsor
- 5k participants ranged ages 4-79
- People attended from 15 different states
- 20 teams participated
- Largest team - Marchin' for Marilyn - had 37 members
- 14 ovarian cancer survivors
- 90 volunteers
- 548 Facebook fans day before
- 154 cupcakes used for the Giggle Fun Zone - 6.5 POUNDS OF FROSTING!!!!
- Proceeds donated to the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance
There are very few events nationwide that support and promote ovarian cancer awareness.
- Estimated that over 23,000 women are diagnosed with ovarian cancer annually
- 14,000 women die from the disease each year.
- 5 year survival rate for women diagnosed with this disease is only 43% vs. 90% for breast cancer.
The low survival rate is mainly due to lack of awareness of the symptoms and a reliable method of early detection. Approximately only 15% of ovarian cancer patients are diagnosed in the early stages.
We are asking for any donation that you can provide to help cover costs associated with hosting the race. Donations can be monetary, service or product that you or your business can provide. If not monetary please provide the value of your service and/or product.
We have five levels of sponsorship
Click to download info (PDF - 151KB)
- Bronze - $100 (name on sponsorship banner)
- Silver - $250 (name on sponsorship banner and website)
- Gold - $500 (name on sponsorship banner, website and event & volunteer t-shirts*)
- Teal - $1000 (name on sponsorship banner, website, event & volunteer t-shirts*, and on reusable goodie bags* given to each participant)
- Champion - $5000 (name on sponsorship banner, website, evnt & volunteer t-shirts*, and on reusable goodie bags* given to each participant as well as additional high profile recognition that best suits sponsor and canbe discussed prior to commitment)
*In order to guarantee name on T-shirts or goodie bag, sponsorship confirmation is required by April 29th.
Color of the bags may vary.
In addition to the race we have a raffle for the participants. We are asking for any donations that you or your business can provide to either contribute to prizes for the raffle or help cover the cost associated with the race.
If not monetary please provide the value of your service and/or product.
Checks can be made out to
Laura’s Smile Mile
and can be sent to:
Laura’s Smile Mile
2312 E. Lake Bluff Blvd,
Shorewood, WI, 53211
Sponsor coordinator - Laura’s Smile Mile